Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Never Ending Project

Kind of a strange morning. The doctor's office called and left a message, so I called back and left them a message, and they called me back to ask me to come in again. Sigh. I made an appointment for Monday, but we'll see if I keep it or not.

While that was all going on (in the space of about fifteen minutes), my face felt flushed and when I went to look in the mirror, it was bright red and slightly swollen. I have no idea what was causing it (I hadn't washed my face or done anything but have some yogurt and berries for breakfast), so I took a benadryl. The benadryl knocked me out, of course. (I hadn't slept all night, either, which nudged things along.)

I went back to bed and slept for a few hours.

When I got up, I had some lunch (a banana, cup of coffee, and  some of last night's quinoa and vegetable leftovers), went out to check the mail, made a few phone calls, you know. Stuff.

The bill for one of the urgent care visits came. I'm not sure why we even bother to pay our insurance premiums as the insurance only covered about 30% of the visit. This is for one of their approved providers, for fuck's sake. On top of that, I can't see my new primary care physician until June at the earliest (Dave has to wait until July), so all the recent doctor's visits have been to my old doctor and I'm paying for them out of pocket. I will have to file for reimbursement from the insurance company myself. Frustrating.

I spent some time online and then suddenly it was late enough in the day that I went ahead and started prepping dinner.

Tonight we had tacos made with tempeh (tempeh, diced tomatoes, jalapeno, onions, garlic, red chile powder, black pepper, roasted garlic powder, oregano, cumin, Better than Bouillon, soy sauce, and vegan Worcestershire sauce), salsa (onions, garlic, jalapeno, lemon, tomatoes, and, when I found we only had one tomato, part of a can of diced tomatoes, salt and black pepper), and cheddar cheese. Dave had his as traditional tacos in blue corn taco shells, but I had a taco salad.

After dinner, we went out to feed the worms and ended up staying outside for a few hours, watering the plants on the patio and sorting through bins of pottery, our seemingly never ending project.

Tonight we went through five bins, sorted out two bins that will go into the sale, tossed two full bins, and kept one bin (Dave's ocarinas, take two). Two of the bins were icky. One had water in it and so all the newspaper wrappings were soaked. Gross. The other bin was disgusting. The rain had leaked in and caused a reed mat that I used to use in a sales display to mold. The mold had started to grow over all the newspaper we had wrapped the pottery in. I unwrapped everything and we soaked the pottery in a bleach solution, then I tossed the bin out completely. Of course we both wore nitrile gloves while handling everything.

Anyway, in addition to the five bins of finished pottery, I also sorted through two smaller bins of bisqued ware from the old studio. When we left the old studio it was a rush job, so at some point I was just basically tossing things into bins willy-nilly. Some of the bisque was broken, so I tossed it. Some were things that I had sitting around for a long time before we left, so I tossed it. Some of it was nice stuff that was never going to get finished, so I tossed it. I'm trying to be a little more ruthless about what I toss.

There are still about seven or eight more bins to go through. We're taking it one bin at a time. Sigh.

No comments: