Tuesday, July 28, 2015

All Types of Hunger

Last night Dave and I went to dinner with my mother, aunt, and brother. We went to Rudy's BBQ and I ate way, way, way too much. I had a half pound of their fatty brisket, new potatoes and potato salad, and coleslaw. After, we went out for frozen yogurt and I had a big serving of a mix of peach, white chocolate, and cheesecake yogurt with a few toppings thrown on for good measure. Then I came home and exploded.

Actually, I didn't explode, but I was pretty full.

I've been sleeping relatively well recently, a miracle in itself, so I slept most of the night. I've been having the craziest dreams, though, almost none of which I remember.

This morning, I put in a call to my doctor's office trying to get my still aching ear looked at. I hate dealing with this new doctor's office. I had tried calling on Monday about eight times and I spent probably half an hour waiting for someone to pick up the phone, which no one ever did. Today they actually were answering the phone, but no one had any appointments open until early next month. Seriously, they acted like they were doing me a fucking favor by even giving me that appointment. I raised a bit of hell--only a small bit, but still--and got a call back for an appointment tomorrow.  Though that I have to raise hell to get an appointment is infuriating.

And after that bit of frustration, I had therapy. It was a rough session and I cried most of the way home. I'm glad, though, ultimately.

I did a few chores at home in the afternoon, set Roomba to work, then made red chile and veggie enchiladas with what we had in the house. I have no idea how they'll turn out, but they're in the toaster oven now, heating up and getting all nice and brown on top.

I'm hungry!

No comments: