Monday, July 20, 2015

The Happs

We managed to get a few things done today, including a run up to the studio where Dave trimmed and glazed, and I started painting this wack-a-doodle thing.
Bugs
Bugs is very simple: the same shade of pink on his ears and nose (which I spaced painting here), a darker pink for his tongue, and an even darker reddish-pink on the inside of his mouth.  Black, white, and gray for everything else. It's coming along now.
20150719_184201.jpg

The calavera has her base layers going (though ultimately there will be more, lots more, added). I went with green eyes this time, to mirror the greens on the carrot in her fascinator (which also has pink and gray elements that mirror Bugs's ears.  The dress had to be orange, of course.
20150719_184430.jpg

This gives you some idea of the scale of the piece (it's not large--just under 11 inches from the base to the tip of the ears) and the messy table that I work at. (It gets cleared and messed up and cleared again constantly, depending on what stage of what piece I'm working on.)

I'm enjoying this piece. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out, actually.

In Other News

Dave and I are going on another little jaunt soon, this time to Moab, Utah, to see Arches National Park (I've been, Dave hasn't) and take a boat tour of the Colorado River from Moab up to the Canyonlands National Park. Then we're going to Durango, Colorado, to ride the Durango-Silverton Railroad (Dave has been, I haven't). I made all the necessary reservations this evening (except for a hotel in Durango, since those are easy to come by on the fly). So exciting!

We also, this evening, put together the two room dividers/bookshelves that we got last weekend at Costco. They are pretty big and basically divide the casita in two and have lots more room for books (especially since I also did a preliminary purge of some books I haven't touched in years and years, and I hope to get rid of even more). We dusted and moved all the books from the smaller shelves, but I want to do some more rearranging before I'll call the job done.

Tomorrow I'm going with my mother and aunt to get a pedicure, something I haven't done in awhile. Then maybe I'll go and pick up a new pair of sandals since I don't have a decent pair anymore. I have been hiding my un-pedicured toes away so far this summer, if you can believe it.

No comments: