Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Yo Soy Una Clintonista!

I watched part of the Democratic Nation Convention this afternoon. I'm so happy Hillary Clinton is the presidential nominee. I know a lot of people aren't, but I don't care.

I was talking (a few weeks ago) to a fellow student and my pathophys instructor about it (this was before Clinton beat Sanders in the primaries) and they were both incredulous that I would vote for her primarily because she is a woman and I want to see a woman as the leader of the free world. They said I should look at her policies and so on and my reply was: After we've had 44 women presidents in a row then I'll talk policy with you, but until then, I'm voting for any woman the Democrats put up for election. Period. I don't care about anything else until that happens.

I'll be long gone before then, of course, but first I have to get through finals.

I am starting studying tonight, as we covered three new chapters of material in lecture last night and so I have to review those and then, since the final is comprehensive, review all the material from the past nine weeks before the final on Monday.

If I ever use the words "summer school" in a sentence again, shoot me.

Today was kind of a weird day. My sleep schedule is so messed up again.  I got to bed late, slept for about three hours, and then woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  I made Dave's lunch and watched some videos online and then tried to sleep. No dice. I did some journaling and tried to sleep. Nope. Dave got up and got ready for work and I packed his lunch up and then I tried to get back to sleep. Nope. I was exhausted. I finally took part of a benadryl and fell asleep around 11:00 and slept until 2:30. Not great, but it was better than trying to get through the day on three hours of sleep.

I watched part of the convention online before I got up and showered and dressed. It was almost time for Dave to come home by then! Where did the day go?!

Dave and I decided to go out for dinner tonight and he chose ramen, so we went off to our little ramen place and shared an order of egg rolls and then each had karamiso ramen. Yum!

We came home via the co-op, where I bought some vegetables (remember those? I used to love those), cat food, and a few other things, including some chocolate sorbet-ish type bars (100 calories each, so not guilt-free, but not guilt-laden either).

And now we're home. Dave is practicing his clarinet (he just got it back from the clarinet repair shop where it was getting a tune up) and I'm doing this and noodling around in my bullet journal and reading tweets and thinking that maybe if I just take one more day off from studying that that'd be all right, wouldn't it? (This is how The Brain tricks me into cramming for exams even though it knows that The Middle-Aged Brain is not as adept at cramming as The Youthful Brain was.)

See what I have to put up with?

No comments: