Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday, A Week Later

Tuesdays are my days off and though I'm supposed to be studying for a pharmacology exam tomorrow, I'm right now laying in bed. It's 8:30 or so in the morning and I'm in bed failing at napping. I didn't get much sleep last night--was up at 5 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.

Yesterday I had two exams. I think I did well on both--I got grades that will keep me from failing out of the program I'm in anyway, which is my new definition of success. So I had two exams yesterday, I have one tomorrow, one on Thursday. It's crazy that I'm already four weeks into a fourteen week term. It's going by fast.

I'm sitting with Crunch right now. He's panting away in his space at the foot of the bed. He's getting so old, this little pup. His hips are going bad. His hearing is going. Dogs of his size and type don't have long lifespans, only about 12 years, and he's rapidly approaching that. It seems so crazy how fast that goes by.

The Brain is balking this morning. Balking at going in and sitting down to the books for yet another day. I studied all weekend for the exams I had yesterday. I ground so much information into my head that The Brain is just over it. That's why I'm giving it the morning off. We're drinking coffee, The Brain and I, and we had a good breakfast and a couple of cookies after for good measure. We're going to lie in bed awhile longer and listen to some music, I think. At 10 a.m., the studying starts again in earnest.

No comments: