Saturday, March 6, 2010

Brinnda?

I go by Rosa most often online. That's not my name though, Rosa. My Rosa incarnation began with my Japan blog Tokyo Rosa, a Spanish take on the infamous moniker Tokyo Rose. After I returned from Japan, I dropped the Tokyo part and just became Rosa. Sometimes I go by Tularosa, the name of a village in my home state, but mostly it's just plain Rosa.

Rosa isn't my name though, which makes for a bit of irony here:

I absolutely hate it when someone gets my real name--Brenda--wrong. In high school I had a drama teacher who constantly called me Debra and I despised her for it. It's not like we were unfamiliar with each other--I lettered in drama for chrissakes (no, I'm not proud of that)--but she never, ever seemed to get my name right. Pissed me off no end.

Given that I hate it when people mess up my name, it might come as a surprise that I absolutely love it when people misspell my name.


That was the name scrawled on my sandwich box from the bakery today. Amazing, no?


That was from a box delivered to the lab that I used to work in. That thrilled me so much that I cut the name out and used it on my desk.

2 comments:

girl Japan said...

OMG Brinda... haha sorry.. RLMAO This wasn't from Japan, right? lol

Rosa said...

Nope--can you believe it? That was the good ol' USA. In Japan, of course, I was Bu-Re-N-Da! Katakana English. :P