Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gain the Whole World

Glaze tests, two, (iron oxide, matte and other glazes, glass beads):

20140220_181858.jpg

Arranged:

20140220_194513.jpg

The first of the (almost) finished cell, brought home tonight for some post-firing finishing touches (wax, gold leaf, watercolors, patina, etc).

Yesterday was a long studio day. I went to the studio around noon with Judi and I worked a bit on the largest of my cells so far, called "El Olvido" then I taught the 6-9 p.m. class (only three students, low stress, build a bust of a pelican).

I've gotten such strange reactions to the cells. Everyone wants them to be what they want them to be, which is fine. I'm such a control freak though; I never give anyone a straight answer, even when they are able to ask a direct question.

No comments: