Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday

I woke up this morning with a ridiculous craving for donuts, so on the way to the studio Dave and I stopped for coffee and donuts at Duke City Donuts.  We'd never been there before, but--oh. em. gee.--they have the best donuts. I had a chocolate-glazed, chocolate-cake donut (cake donuts are the way to go, man--forget those yeasty raised monstrosities) and Dave had an apple fritter. We split a key-lime donut-ish thing with whipped cream on top. Every single one of them was the Platonic ideal, donut-wise. They were so ridiculously good that I'm glad they're not closer to us. We added a couple of coffees so the caffeine could help even out the sugar high.

I had a long-ish, varied day at the studio. I set up a wheel near Dave and we threw pots for awhile. (I'm making a few tumblers to use as glaze tests and demo pieces.) After that, I finished glazing one of the cells. Then Dave and I loaded a glaze kiln. When I was finished with that, I started construction on the biggest cell yet. (Big Cell doesn't have an official name yet.)

While I worked in my cubicle, I listened to some crappy music station playing crappy music from the 70s and 80s. Man, there was a lot of crappy music back then. Of course, I can sing along with most of it.

More pictures of pictures from my Mother's collection:

Look at this picture of my older brother! Ha! Ha! Ha! He was the cutest little kid ever, no?

20140306_161140.jpg


When he was younger, he looked like a Kewpie doll, but then he grew out of it and into this.

20140306_153624.jpg


My little brother on the left, me on the right, in my grandmother's house. I wonder what we were doing. Playing some made-up game, I'll bet. I was probably around six--?--which would make my brother around four years old.

20140306_160907.jpg


I like that picture of my grandmother.

2 comments:

Ruthy said...

Amazing how we can remember the words to 30+ year old songs. Grandma looked happy:)

Rosa said...

She did look happy. I wonder how old she was in that picture. Maybe Char has a date?