Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Sky Is A Big Place

8:45 a.m. -- 8:45 p.m.

20150804_082258.jpg
I have lots of stories from yesterday, starting with the 8:45 a.m. train.
Champers
We had champagne to celebrate.
20150804_100656.jpg
And this was part of our journey.
Train
In Silverton, we had lunch and wandered in and out of shops.
Silverton
We shared a funnel cake.
Funnel cake
We had a couple of local brews on the train home.
Beer
I got this excellent photo of the gorge crossing.
20150804_163329.jpg
This was me on this day.
Happy birthday to me
This was Dave on this day.
D
We had dinner in Durango.
Dinner night
That was how we spent my birthday.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Happy birthday toooo yooooooou, Rosa!! And how nice to see you.
I'm so enjoying these posts - and am super envious you got to travel via train. x

Helen said...

Awwww! Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day! I love taking those kind of train trips.

I've never had a funnel cake! I am enjoying your trip vicariously, so thanks for posting about it.

And again, Happy Birthday!

Rosa said...

Thanks, Carol! We had a great time on the train. It's worth the journey when you are next in Colorado. And I guess I never post pics of myself anymore. Got to do more of that maybe... :D

Thanks, Helen! You've never had funnel cake? You have to try it! I figured it was a North American thing--but maybe it's just in the US? Deep fried cake batter is delicious, as I'm sure you can imagine. It's a once-a-year treat around here though. :D