Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fun

School started on Monday with a 7:30 a.m. lecture. YAWN.

The first class was of the kind that I despise, a "let me read you the syllabus and then we'll go around and introduce ourselves" class. I don't like them in classes that run the full 16 weeks and I especially don't like them in summer semesters where we still have to cover 16 weeks of material in 12 weeks.

But I'm old and crotchety now.

I came home after class and got a bit of a nap because then it was time for my evening lecture. I thought it began at 5:00, so I showed up about 4:35. And...no. It began at 5:30. So I chatted with the instructor for, like, 40 minutes. Poor guy. Then he had to lecture for four hours. (The class only meets once a week.) It's a marathon.

I wasn't expecting it, but Dave came home a bit early so that he could drive me to my evening class. It was actually pretty nice just having some company (and not having to worry about finding parking). We stopped for a Starbucks on the way and shared one of their s'mores bars, too.

And, even better, when I got out of class, he had made dinner.


It's Wednesday today and I've got the morning class in a couple of hours. (It's almost 5:00 a.m. now and I'm getting ready to get in the shower.) The cats woke me up around 2:40, crying at the window to come in. (They refused our offer last night at bedtime.) Saba rewarded me by promptly throwing up about four times. So that was nice.

This afternoon, I'm having lunch with my mother and then I have therapy. Then...

But it's my Friday. The weekend will be spent studying. Fun.

No comments: