Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Never Ending

I did not make it out to the studio over the weekend, but this is a works-in-progress photo from the last kiln's work.
20160528_151203.jpg
I did end up in urgent care this morning. The nurse did a swab to test for strep throat and that, thank goodness, came up negative. The doc thinks my recent throat and chest woes is neither Zika nor West Nile virus, but rather just a garden variety upper respiratory infection. So I got the standard rest, fluids, etc., advice.

After that, I came home, ate a bowl of green chile stew. I had only gotten about two hours of sleep the night before and the stress of the morning doctor's visit had broken me out in hives all along my arms and the backs of my legs. I took a half benadryl and went back to bed to sleep everything off.

I got up around 2:00, had soy nut butter and grape jelly on wheat toast for lunch, took a shower, did a few chores, and futzed around online for awhile. When Dave came home from work, we went out for Chinese food for dinner.

I need to stop eating out so much. All my largest sized clothes that I used to worry would fall off me when I wore them are now starting to fit. So my new goal is to cook more at home and get more exercise. Sigh. The Never-Ending Story.

What else is going on?

Class this morning at 7:30 a.m.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh no. I hope the medicine helps.

Yikes about the clothes. Been there. I like walking...but really what helped the most was being careful about what I ate and keeping to a lower calorie total. It's boring but it works for me.

I have a kitchen scale that DH bought to make bread with, and I weigh a lot of my food so I can keep track. I don't usually weigh dinner because I'm not alone then. Helped a lot to know how much I should eat. But...I don't want to get all preachy or anything.

Rosa said...

I am thankful for any advice, Helen! I have had the most success in the past with using a food scale and writing down everything I eat, but then I start to think I can go it without doing those things and everything goes to hell the minute I stop. It also doesn't help that I'm a stress eater and being in school has brought more stress into my life. Why are sugar/fat/salt/carbs such a comfort?!