Sunday, July 31, 2016

Trainy Days and Mondays

I studied late into the night Saturday, then got up Sunday morning and started studying. My head has been doing me in, lots of dizziness and headaches (from you name it, stress, the changing weather, PMS, vertigo). It's hard to concentrate for long.

In the morning, I took a call from the woman, Barb, who runs the farm across the way from Laura Ingalls Wilder's farm. We're renting a cabin from Barb when we go to Missouri and she wanted to know when we'll arrive so she can turn the AC on for us! She was surprised when I told her we were taking the train to Kansas City. (Come to think of it, last year I was also on a train on my birthday, in Colorado, on the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge train.)

Anyway, Dave has been pulling his weight and mine this week. Today he made lunch (really yummy lentil soup and steamed cauliflower) and dinner (grilled cheese sandwiches and more soup). He did some dishes, fertilized the garden, did some grocery shopping...while I ground information into my head for my final exam in pathophysiology tomorrow.

We went out for a Target run in the afternoon and I came home with a grande decaf soy latte from Starbucks and used it to wash down an ibuprofen to try to get rid of my headache. I lay down for awhile and listened to a couple of rounds of guided meditation. It helped.

Then, more study!

The Brain is convinced that we are going to do fine in the class, even if my grade on the final slips a bit. (I sat down and figured it out: The Brain is correct, I can get a 65% (a solid D) on the exam and keep my A in the class.) So I finished reviewing the new material and am leaving the review of the old material until tomorrow before class.

Not much else went on around here today.

Such a weekend.

No comments: