Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sighly

It has not been a very productive day. I'm exhausted and I failed a quiz that I didn't study enough for--I was going to, then we decided to go out to dinner and a movie (Kong) instead--then I barely passed a second quiz that I just didn't feel like putting effort into. Even with those two crappy grades on my record, I'm still in A territory, so it's hard to worry too much about this.
20170314_182541.jpg
The "previews" for Kong included this clip from The Simpsons.

I really, really, really want a huge iced coffee, but I'm afraid that if I indulge, I will be up half the night and I have to be up at 4 a.m. to be on time for clinicals tomorrow. Those start around 6 a.m. (but I have to drive 30 minutes to get there).
20170313_080839.jpg
I'm going to miss being greeted by a big empty parking lot when I move to the nearer but much more crowded campus next term.

My scrubs are in the wash right now just so I can get them all washed and dried and ironed so I can make a good (second) impression on my new clinical instructor. While that's going on, I am working on some homework. The rest of this week is going to be horrible. I have an exam on Monday, a big one, and a major paper due on Sunday night.
20170313_082057.jpg
I won't miss having NONE of the student services open during convenient hours. This was the ridiculously tiny library, closed at 9 a.m. on Monday morning.

I spent a scant twenty minutes outside with the dogs, tossing one of their toy bones around with them. They're funny. They each got a plastic bone-shaped squeak toy, one green, one purple. But almost immediately, the purple one became favored by both of them and the green one was abandoned (unless they can't find the purple one for some reason). I wonder why they did that.
20170125_113117.jpg
The morning drive.

Ok, I really should be studying right now.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Maybe Purple tastes better??

Sounds like a rough week...I hope it goes well for you. Good luck with the exam and the paper!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen!

How goes the big move?

You know, I hadn't thought about their tasting different. I'm not going to give them a taste test though! LOL!