Friday, February 9, 2018

Another Week Down

This fucking week.

Dave was on a business trip. My mother left the country. I spent one afternoon in the emergency room having some chest pain evaluated. I had an exam.  I have not been sleeping very well at all, and when I fall asleep I dream about school or the hospital and it wakes me up. Gray Kitty is now on an antibiotic that I've had to give him twice a day and he hates it and I hate it. I straight up yelled at an IT tech from the hospital because we were rounding into week five with my IT problem unsolved, leaving me unable to document any patient care that I did for four solid weeks. Then there were two days worth of clinicals to get through.

What was good about this week?

I made it through.

Dave is coming home today.

My mother is finally fulfilling a long-held dream of going to Spain.

There was nothing wrong with my heart--probably just stress, etc.

I got an A on my exam.

Gray Kitty is feeling better and despite hating the meds, loves the tuna he gets as a reward after.

My IT problem was actually solved.

My patient this week was very pleasant, despite being in a horrible situation.

My great instructor came back to replace the god-awful substitute clinical instructor.

I am done for the week and I have a three day weekend ahead of me.

And I wasn't late wishing Kelly a happy birthday because her birthday is today and not last week as I had thought. So that's good!

Me and Kelly, 7 a.m.
This was us ELEVEN YEARS AGO (!!!) hanging out with some hot air balloons. (All faces have been changed to protect the innocent.)

No comments: