Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Week So Far

This week is sucking. I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other and get through it.

I had three exams this week, plus 10 chapters of reading to get through. I have an assignment due in the morning that I haven't started working on yet...and I'm exhausted. I got about four and a half hours of sleep last night.

More? Someone tipped over a coffee into my computer in class today. She apologized profusely and offered to buy me a new computer if mine suffers any consequences, but I would never take her up on that offer. It was my coffee she dumped and I had put it in the wrong spot.

It was 80 degrees and sunny today. I had to walk across campus to the program office to pick up paperwork to get a badge, then walk back across campus to the security office at the hospital to have the badge made up. By the time I had my picture taken, I was sweaty and red-faced. I look like roadkill on my new badge, but I don't care. My badge pictures are always a miss. I think I've had one good ID or badge photo in the last 20 years.

What's good? Here's some things:

The house is being overrun with spiders. This would probably not be a good thing to most people, but I love spiders. I like when they show up in the late spring. I rescued three spiders from the shower this morning. I saw my first baby jumping spider of the year yesterday, hanging out near the door. There were two others, ground hunters, scouting around. If I have time, I ferry them outside. If I don't have time--like this morning, when I was rushing around trying to get out of the house on time--I just leave them be. Bid them a good day.  Spiders are good omens.

I got a B on the first two exams. (I'm still waiting to hear about the third.) And I got an extension on the paper that had been due Friday morning at 6:30 a.m.

Dave and I got to go out for noodles last night. I had cold soba with maguro. Dave had a huge bowl of spicy ramen. We shared a strawberry mochi with red-bean filling after. Yum.

Later:

It's 7:33 p.m. and I just finished the homework that's due tomorrow. I never got a nap...I couldn't sleep, so instead I worked on my homework and made dinner (quinoa bowls with beans, cheese, salsa, etc., like a burrito bowl but with red quinoa instead of rice). 

My bedtime is 8:00--supposed to be 8:00 anyway. 4:30 comes awfully early and I am so tired these days that I need the extra time in the morning to get myself going.

I was talking to some of the other students in the program earlier today and they--most of them 20 years or more (!) younger than me--are also feeling worn out. So I guess it's not age-related. Or not necessarily age related anyway. That's something.


No comments: