Monday, May 21, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday morning I did a few mandatory voluntary (yes, it's an oxymoronic school assignment) hours at the Special Olympics. (You can't really get mad about being told that you have to show up to work with disabled athletes. Unfortunately.) I did that for about four and a half hours, then went to visit with Dave and Buzz.

I have not been getting enough sleep (The Story of My Life) so after a couple of hours, I came home and took a nap.

In the evening, I came home and did absolutely nothing. I have so much work to do and I got none of it done. No wait, that's not true. I wrote my clinical reflection paper and I took a comprehensive exam (any grade we earned got full credit, so I didn't worry too much or spend too much time on it) and an online quiz that I got a high B on. Then I did absolutely nothing after that.

On Sunday, Dave and I went out to a late lunch with my mother and brother. We had pizza--though I should have had pasta. I ate way too much pizza. But I shared a salad with Dave, so at least I had a vegetable.

I came home after lunch and wrote a paper, a quick and dirty three-page research paper on back injuries in healthcare workers. The takeaway is: There is no hope.

I finished that up around seven or so and put it aside for a few hours so that I could read it again before I sent it to my clinical instructor. After a couple of hours, I looked it over, made a few corrections, and sent it to her. Then I went to bed and didn't sleep, not for a long time.

I had a late start this morning. My early class was cancelled, so I didn't have to be on campus until my 10:15 lecture. I ended up going in early anyway, getting there around 8:30 or so. I got a coffee in the library café, then went to find a study room in the lab building. A while later, I was joined by my study buddy and she and I worked for an hour until we had to go to lecture. Lecture was sparsely attended. (I had also been tempted to stay home today, which is why I made myself leave the house early and rewarded myself for doing so by getting an expensive coffee on campus.) There are only 17 people in my cohort, and every absence stands out. The lecturer made a comment.

We worked on a case study, talked briefly about reading EKGs, then got out a bit early.

I came up to Judi's to visit with Dave and Buzz. Buzz was very happy to see me. He's a happy little guy in general. I finished up some homework that is due at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning and then did a self-quiz online. I played outside with Buzz for awhile, but then it started to rain so we came inside. That's where we are now.

I'm having a decaf coffee since it's almost 3:00 p.m. and I need to get some sleep.

We'll go in a bit and run a few errands.

No comments: