Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Off

Since I wrote last, we've had wind, rain, hail, snow in the nearby mountains, sun and more wind. I'm not too proud to say that spring is kicking my ass. The pollen and the peri/menopausal type hormones have teamed up to destroy my life. They're doing a pretty good job of it right now, too.

I was up all night and then I slept all day, my usual time-of-the-month sleep pattern. (You wonder why crones and witches ply their trades by the light of the moon. Because they couldn't sleep! It was insomnia making them crazy in the middle of the night!) Anyway, I tried to stay up today, but I just couldn't. I went to bed around 9 or 9:30 and got up at 6 p.m. (This would have been perfect if I were still working nights, but I'm not. Last night, I watched videos and journaled on paper and did some collage. I hesitate to make too much noise while I'm up in the night becase that wakes up Dave or it wakes up the dog who wakes up Dave and that's not good.)

Around 8:30 in the morning, I texted Judi to say hi. She texted back a couple hours later that she is getting a new dog! I had a feeling she would get a dog sooner rather than later. She is getting a different kind of sheepdog, a smaller breed with fewer health problems than Buzz's breed is known to have. She sent a photo of the litter of puppies that her dog is coming from and they are adorable. (Of course. They're puppies.) Anyway, she should have her new dog by then end of May. I asked her what she was going to name it. I think she gives her dogs not great names. (Buzz. Crunch. The one before those two just had her last name as his name.) I'm not holding out hope for this one.

After our texts, I had a snack and went back to bed. 

Dinner tonight was takeout burgers and fries from Five Guys. On the way there and the way back, we listened to a few new songs from Beyonce's new album Country Critter. Or no. What is it? Country Carter? That's it.  I like Beyonce. I don't love Beyonce, but I especially like that she put all this effort into making a country album mainly out of spite. That's my kind of energy. I also like that she included Dolly Parton, Willy Nelson, and others like Miley Cyrus and Post Malone and even a Beatles song. Unfortunately, it's not great music (country music rarely is in my opinion--Neko Case being one of the exceptions and Dolly Parton has a lifetime pass to greatness as does Willy Nelson) and some of the lyrics are as dumb as country music comes (country music is not really known for great lyrics, is it?). I have to make fun of just how ridiculous the duet with Miley Cyrus is, where she and Beyonce croon, "I'll be your shotgun rider 'til the day I die" at each other. I found the phrase "shotgun rider" to be cringe and Dave mused that, "If they are both riding shotgun, who's driving?"

And please don't get me started on the videos that were put out with the album. Just...no.  But. I'm glad it's out there and she is welcome to the tenth of a millionth of a cent from the streaming we did of her songs and I hope she makes a gazillion dollars and turns country music on its head.

Back to dinner: I had a double burger and couldn't finish it or my fries. I made it just past the halfway mark and then put everything away for later. I'm so full!

Now it's almost 9 p.m. and I'm doing laundry, typing this, listening to an episode of Northern Exposure, the Thanksgiving episode where all the Native Americans throw tomatoes at the white people in town for days before they all sit down to a communal Thanksgiving dinner. Such a good episode.

I've done some sewing recently, too, making small things like composition book covers. I have a quilt that needs binding. (It was sent out for quilting but I had them leave the binding off because I wanted to trim it myself. The other quilt--a log cabin style--that went with it for machine quilting came back with the binding that I ordered and it's lovely and quite big, almost king sized.) Binding quilts sucks though, so I'm putting it off.

No comments: