Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Fling

We've been on a pretty aggressive cleaning spree around here. Pre-birthdays have a way of inspiring such things. Here's one of the things that went:

This is a piece of work I made when I was in my early 30s, called the hand, the eye, the word. Soon after it was finished, it was included in a small show that was being curated by a much more talented artist friend of mine. I've been carting it around ever since, despite the fact that I never really liked it much. It was definitely not indicative of my work at the time, which was much smaller yet had a much larger impact.

Anyway, enough. On Saturday, I took these few photos of the piece with my cell phone, then I had Dave fling it at the studio's back cinder block wall, and now it's in thousands of pieces out behind the studio.

There are a few detail shots (and a few more words about this piece) over at my sorely neglected craftsy blog, Rosa C.

No comments: