Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sunday and Monday

Sunday

We slept in again.

I stayed up through most of the night binge watching Broadchurch. I was a little exasperated with the pacing though, so I ended up Googling the episode re-caps to find out who the murderer was. (I still watched through the end of the series though. I just wanted to get the insult of the inept suspense out of the way.) The series was hit or miss for me in the end. I mean, the murderer was only a surprise because they hadn't really fleshed out his character at all; He was so very minor right up to the point that he became the murderer and his motive for murder was so weak that it just left a bad taste behind. Such a disappointment.

Anyway we had slept through breakfast, but for lunch Dave made his famous eight-minute cheese sandwiches. Though because I helped by retrieving the condiments and because he didn't have any tomatoes to slice and add, he shaved about a minute and a half off, so they were actually six-and-a-half minute cheese sandwiches. We had those with coleslaw left over from yesterday.

After lunch, we lounged around for a while longer. Then it was time for second lunch, so we went to Panera. We each had a half-sandwich (Mediterranean veggie on whole wheat) and soup (Dave had black bean, I had tomato).

After second lunch, we went to the studio and worked awhile.  We took Crunch for a walk as the sun was setting, then came back and worked for a little while longer.

We stopped for groceries on the way home, a hugely expensive trip to Whole Foods. (Is there any other kind of trip to Whole Foods?)

Dinner was Quorne adobada (using the chile my aunt brought to Christmas dinner) and beans with fried eggs on top and tortillas. It was really good. Dave went back for 4ths on the chile.

Monday

I was up kind of early, 6:30, had a large-ish breakfast of Quorne adovada, eggs, a tortilla, and coffee.

I had a doctor's appointment in the early afternoon and, after waiting forty-five minutes, found out nothing really.

Dave had come with me to my doctor's appointment, so we stopped after at Flying Star. I should have had something healthy for lunch (trying to get a jump start on those inevitable New Year's resolutions), but I had a sugar cookie while I waited for my cheeseburger and onion rings. (I had a diet soda though, so I'm sure that balanced everything out.)  Everyone in the place was being super annoying. I made Dave change tables to get away from a woman who WAS TALKING TOO LOUDLY ON HER CELL PHONE, which was a mistake because the loud talker had kept me from noticing that even people's haircuts were being annoying. And don't get me started on people's table manners. I mean, I can shovel it in with the best of them, but there was no excuse for some of the mouth-breathing bottom feeders in that place. (Though I'll admit, I was probably just in a bad move after my crappy doctor's appointment.)

On the way home we stopped at the clay store to pick up some new glazes.

After lunch, we came home for a bit--Dave had a coffee and I read some internet celebrity gossip--before heading to the studio. There, I finished a new piece (a calavera bust with large horns) and Dave glazed. We're hoping to fire a kiln soon, as in tomorrow soon.

We walked Crunch around the neighborhood for awhile and came back and worked a little longer.

Dinner was a fiber fest: Bean and winter wheat berry salad along with a pseudo-Russian cabbage dish (onion, garlic, cabbage, cauliflower, tomato, and sour cream) that I took from the Bittman vegetarian cookbook.


No comments: