Thursday, February 4, 2016

Quick Update

I should know better than to doubt The Brain. I had my first "exam" on Monday night. (I call it an "exam" and not an exam, because the instructor calls it an exam but it was only 15 questions and he gives six such "exams" (in addition to a midterm and final) over the course of the semester.) The Brain had to guess about two answers and got them both right, which, yay!

This was in my anatomy and physiology class, by the way. The instructor (the Polish guy with the accent) is still cracking me up. I was telling Dave on the way home from class the other night that the instructor has this way of lecturing that goes something like: "Okay, this is the most important thing that you need to remember. This thing is the most important thing of all. And also this other thing. This thing, too, is most important. So you must remember this and this. And this. This is also very, very important. These three things are the most important things that you must remember."

And since I put a little asterisk near everything he says is the most important thing, my notes are filled with little asterisks.

What else has been going on?

My hives have been acting up like crazy. Right now my back and left arm are hive-y, but that's pretty mild actually. They itch, but I can almost put it out of my mind.

My brother is finally out of the hospital (as of Monday) and back home. We stopped by his house this evening to drop off a few thing from Costco for him. We didn't stay long as I hadn't had dinner and was having a bit of a sugar crash. We came home, unpacked our Costco stuff, and had hastily made Quorn sandwiches for dinner.

Earlier in the day, I had gone with my mother to a doctor's appointment and after that to a late lunch. (We stopped and had salads (and I had a slice of pizza) at Dion's.)  I didn't stay out very long as I had to come home and shower and get ready for class.

No comments: