Monday, February 1, 2016

Routine

It is very early Monday morning, just before 4:00 a.m. Most of yesterday was spent sleeping off the advent of the cold that Dave brought home from New York, but I woke up just after midnight and couldn't get back to sleep again.

I studied for awhile then watched some videos on youtube. I had a slice of pizza left from our dinner last night (pizza and wings).

We had a lazy weekend. I didn't leave the house at all on Sunday. (Dave went out to pick up the pizza.) Saturday, we went to visit my brother in the hospital and take him some things. (Yes, he's back there again, since last Thursday, but will hopefully be out either today or tomorrow. We didn't go to visit him on Sunday, but I texted and Dave talked to him on the phone.)

I made soup for dinner on Saturday, a big pot of kale, white bean, and vegan sausage soup. I also made some pasta to add to it. It was very tasty and we had the leftovers for breakfast (brunch, really, it was so late when we got up) on Sunday.

School is back in full swing, and with it my hives. They're not nearly as bad as they were a few months ago, but they still happen and they itch like mad and drive me crazy sometimes. But then some days I don't get them at all. So that's good--especially considering that I had to call and switch my follow-up appointment with the allergist because it conflicted with my school schedule, and the only appointment they had open was in April--the day of one of my finals. So I may actually cancel it altogether (depending on how bad the hives are then).

What else has been going on? Not much, actually. Once school is going as it has, everything settles down to some kind of routine. Boring, boring routine!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hello Rosa!
I envy you going to school. Wish I could - gosh I loved it.
Don't envy the hives, though *scratch scratch itch itch* :D

Rosa said...

School has always been a mixed blessing for me. I'm very fortunate to be able to go back to school, but it's always really stressful for me! But I'm happy to see where this road leads. :)