Thursday, January 28, 2016

Nap It Is

I had class again, the second meeting of my anatomy and physiology course, on Monday.

I got to campus early, like 4:30 (class is at 6:00), so that I would be sure to get a parking space and so that I could have time to study before class. I grabbed a sandwich and coffee in the tiny farkake cafe in the library and had that for an early dinner. I sat at one of the big tables in the library and ate while I read my textbook.

Class was okay. The instructor's accent (Polish?) is interesting and sometimes that's enough to keep The Brain engaged when the class goes off the rails. (Though not enough to keep me from skipping class on Wednesday.)

On Tuesday, the only thing I had going was therapy in the evening. I purposefully steered it toward easy topics, as I was just not up for any heavy lifting.

Wednesday, I skipped class.

Dave has been out of town this week--he's back today--so I've just been taking it easy. Normally when he's out of town, I have a little meat-fest. This week though, I haven't really done any of that. I brought a half chicken home from the deli and had that for a couple of meals, but the rest of the time I've been sticking to beans and eggs for protein.

But I did go to lunch with Lu Ann, to the Japanese place we like, and I had katsu-don, a fried pork chop on rice. It was a big lunch and I ended up bringing half home with me. It will make a great pre-class dinner.

After lunch, I came home and jumped on the exercise bike for half an hour. I need to start getting more exercise! While I pedaled away, I watched a couple of episodes of Aziz Ansari's show Master of None on Netflix. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I did watch the first season (though I skipped the episode where he and his girlfriend go to a funeral because I am just not able to deal with that right now).

Speaking of online viewings, last night I decided to buy a movie on Amazon. It was written and directed by the same guy who did Napoleon Dynamite (which I loved) and Nacho Libre (which I did not love) and it starred Jemaine Clement, he of the Flight of the Conchords series that I watched recently. Great! So I paid my $3.99 for it and started it--it's called Gentlemen Broncos, by the way--and after about half an hour, I turned it off. It was the worst thing I've seen in a long, long time.

Tonight though, no movies for me. I have the second meeting of my pathophysiology class. I'm a little behind because I just got the textbook from Amazon this morning (!) which, they ended up sending to me for free because they screwed up the whole ordering and shipping thing so it took an extra five days to get here. Anyway, I should be studying, but I think I have just enough time to take a nap, so.

No comments: