Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday (#6)--Singing, Soba, Sewing Supplies, and Sephora

So...I got up early this morning and Dave helped me move my stuff back to the casita. After that, Dave went to work and I went back to bed for awhile. I wanted to get more sleep, but that wasn't happening, so I just got up.

My project for the day was to clear out, clean, and reorganize our little pantry in the kitchen. Since I started school, it's gotten really crazily disorganized. Today I pulled everything out, wiped down the shelves, tossed the expired stuff, and put everything left back. That included all our spices (which take up 1/6th of the space) as well as our collection of over-the-counter and prescription medications (which takes up another 1/6th of the space). That took awhile.

(Tomorrow's project is the stove and reorganizing our cooking utensils and pots and pans which have become equally chaotic since I started school.)

After, I had lunch (Dave had left me a sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich and I paired it with a yogurt and some chocolate and a couple of cups of black coffee and a couple of cans of tangerine La Croix soda waters), then I took a shower and got dressed for the day. (It was already, like, 1:00 p.m. though.) Today's lipstick color was Wet'n'Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in the shade "Java." (Looking it up online almost sent me into a lipstick buying frenzy, as Wet'n'Wild is having a sale and a huge selection of their lipsticks are ninety-nine cents (!!!)--but I refrained. I probably have 60 or more lipsticks and I should probably use those up before I start buying more, right?)

In the late afternoon, we had a singing lesson, our first in weeks. One week our teacher was out of town, the next week I had to get through the end of the semester and finals, the week after that Dave was away at a conference, then the following he had to get over the cold he brought back from the conference. Finally (!) this week we had a lesson--and the teacher is going to be gone again until January 2--and I go back to school the following week. Of course.

We did our warm ups and worked on harmonizing by singing two Beatles songs, "Hello, Goodbye" and "Your Mother Should Know." Harmonizing is harder than it sounds.

After the lesson, we went for our usual Tuesday night dinner at the Japanese-owned Japanese restaurant (a rarity in this town). I had aji fry and tuna soba and Dave had his usual ramen with extra noodles.

Now I'm back in my pajamas, in bed, shopping online sales. I placed an order with Craftsy. (They were having a 50% off sale on their fabric and sewing stuff, so I ordered two charm packs of 30's reproduction fabric, one charm pack of a porcelain-hued fabric to use as a neutral background, and two packages of organic cotton batting since I want to try to make some mini quilts or use the batting for other projects since I've never used batting before). I also placed an order with Sephora, since I had a coupon for $20 off a $50 order. (I ordered a backup of the Anastasia of Beverly Hills eyebrow pencil I use, a cake mascara from Besame, and a package of disposable mascara wands. And that, my friends, is $55 worth of makeup--but I only paid $37 or so with tax.) All this without leaving my bed. The joys of the internet!

I need to get up and brush my teeth.

No comments: