Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Monday's Firing

I repainted the head of one of the calaveras because it was too gray. I went with pure white and I love how much creepier it looks now.
20180114_163627.jpg
She went into the kiln.

My stargazer went into the kiln. It tickled Paul to see her looking up with what he interpreted as a pleading look.
20180114_173146.jpg
Her dress is done in the style of Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night painting (here with a wash of Gerstley borate that will go slightly shiny in this firing). She'll get a Vincent tattoo on one shoulder after this.

We'll go tonight and take a look at what came out.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

She reminds me of Olive considering her next move. Which are probably mischievous.

Helen said...

Ooh. I'm looking forward to after pictures!

Rosa said...

Olive is probably much trickier! :D

Rosa said...

Hi Helen! Pics to follow! :D