Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friday Eve

I stepped away from the journal project today to construct some other mixed media pieces like this one:

Pin

It kind of flattens out in the photograph, so here is a closeup with some texture:

Pin

It's a pin made from a cereal box, an old paperback book, and embroidery thread. I wish I had some book binding thread, but I'm not about to go and spend money on a roll of book binding thread when I really only want about three yards of book binding thread.

In Other News

My aunt and I skipped the water aerobics class tonight. Neither of us was feeling it, so we just took the night off. I shouldn't have (I ate nearly a pint of chocolate fig ice cream and a third of a bag of cheddar goldfish crackers for lunch today), but it's sometimes good to take a break.

We did go last night, but our regular instructor was on vacation and the sub was lame. Lame. Lame. I kinda feel sorry for the instructors. They're high school students who are probably making a couple of bucks over minimum wage and they have to try to wrest the helm from a bunch of mouthy middle aged broads. Still, they're not very inspiring generally.

In Spider News

Dave's got the reputation as being the insect man because of his photos. Consequently, people are always bringing him insects. Today, one of his coworkers showed up today with a black widow spider in a jar. She's small as black widows go, but very pretty. She looks like she's made of black patent leather and she has a perfect Russian red hourglass on her underside. Very fetching. Dave's going to take it to the studio and let it go.

No comments: