Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More Work

So this is how the tattooed girly piece came out. (Kindly ignore the glue on my fingers! I seem to be perpetually sticky fingered now that I'm doing more collage work.)

I like certain parts of it anyway.

This is another collage piece I did. It's centered around a photograph from a tourist-oriented magazine, a bit of a paperback book about the atomic bomb, and a bit of text from another old paperback.

I was very taken with how disconnected the man and woman (who were married, of course) were from one another. The text reads, in part: You can't have the girl and the man holding each other and kissing that way and bomb bay doors opened...the bomb was ready for release.

This is another piece from yesterday, Frida Kahlo and yet more paperback book bits.

The text says: The one thing I was afraid of was that you'd walk out like everybody else has.

No comments: