Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zoo Babies

After a fabulous dim sum lunch on Friday with Dave and Chris and LuAnn, Dave and Chris returned to their respective jobs and my unemployed buddy Lu Ann and I went to the zoo. We saw polar bears and elephants and hippopotamuses and rhinoceroses. We saw sea lions and zebras. We saw leopards and bald eagles.

Lu Ann can't look at snakes and I can't look at apes, so we didn't. My favorite thing was perhaps the little herd of baby giraffes, about six giraffes ranging in age from the newest kind to the giraffe version of a toddler. I also loved the saltwater crocodiles. The zoo has two male salties, each about fifteen feet long. Lu Ann loooooved the rhinos and the hippos and sea lions. 


It was kind of a chilly day, but I still got way too much sun; probably I overdosed on vitamin D.

No comments: