Friday, June 6, 2014

On Your Toes


I spent the morning and early afternoon at the studio, handbuilding bud vases that someone said reminded them of a Baptist choir singing. 

20140605_160901.jpg
After the studio, I went with my mother and aunt to a nearby nail salon and had a pedicure. I chose this polish, a bright turquoise blue. I like blue nail polish because why not? And I've been needing a pedicure for months now.

After, we went to dinner, BBQ. I ate way to much "moist" (read: fatty) brisket along with corn on the cob, coleslaw, and a giant rice krispy treat for dessert.  I love fatty brisket--and BBQ of all kinds, really. It's terrible for me, fat-wise and salt-wise, but I don't care. It's a once-in-awhile treat.  Dave joined us and had the usual vegetarian in a BBQ joint dinner of sides (baked potato, three bean salad, pecan pie).

After dinner, Dave and I came home and watered the garden and, with the last light of the day, we put in more ollas. It's been so hot in the afternoons--we've already topped 100 degrees this week more than once--that the plants are wilting even when we water twice a day. I noticed when I was digging to put in the ollas that an inch below where we watered, the soil was dry. Ugh, this topsoil has not been very good to us. We ended up doing a long soak on everything and hopefully that will help.  While that was happening, we planted a bunch of stuff that we got at the nursery last week (verbena, coreopsis, tarragon) and some sempervivums that were budding out.  After that was done, it was well past dusk and we sat on the patio and looked at the moon and planets and stars coming out.


No comments: