Thursday, May 7, 2015

Felt A Little Better

When I woke up this morning, my back was still a little twinge-y from whatever stupid thing I did in pilates last night. Thankfully, over the course of the day it started feeling better.

I packed Dave's lunch and then went back to bed to get a few more hours of sleep. I had a couple of very strange dreams and woke up feeling weird. And dehydrated. I drank a huge glass of water and ate some lunch and felt a little better.

What else happened today?

I (passively-aggressively?) dumped the expensive therapist today via text. (She prefers to text, actually, so I just sent her a text saying I needed to cancel and when she asked if I wanted to reschedule, I just replied no thanks.) Lu Ann sent me a recommendation yesterday for a new therapist and I'm going to give her a call tomorrow.

One thing at a time.

Dinner tonight was vegetarian sloppy joes made with tempeh, the leftover salsa fried up with some celery added, ketchup, soy sauce, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, and a bunch of spices and chile. I served Dave's over a whole wheat bun and had mine over a sweet potato. We had steamed broccoli on the side.

We had dinner on the patio again tonight. It's been really lovely in the evenings, so it's nice to sit out there and enjoy the pre-mosquito season. After dinner, we sorted through three more bins of pottery (one we didn't actually sort since it's full of the ocarinas Dave made). We threw out a bunch of stuff, brought in several small bowls, and put another half-dozen things or so into the gift-able bin. (Dave's family mostly gets pottery gifts.)

I stayed out to water the garden and patio. We had rain last night, but it wasn't enough, especially for the potted plants that sit under the eaves of the casita. They were really thirsty, poor things.

Dave came in and packed part of his lunch for tomorrow and is now washing dishes. When I came in, I told him he didn't have to, to just leave them for me, but he kept at it. I didn't argue further.

No comments: