Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday, Mostly Food

Only the barest hint of rain early in the day, nothing like it's been the last several days. In fact, there was so little rain that I was almost tempted to take the car to be washed. (I didn't do it in the end, but I was tempted.)

I went with my mother to a doctor's appointment today--it was so quick I barely had time to make it through a year-old People magazine in the waiting room--and after, we had lunch at Weck's, a local breakfast and lunch place. They serve New Mexican diner-style food, mainly. My mother had a sausage and egg breakfast, I had a half-BLT and a cup of green chile stew. We shared a cinnamon roll before, though I only had about a quarter of it since I didn't want to get knocked around by the sugar. Instead, I had a huge iced tea with my meal and got knocked around by caffeine.

After my mom dropped me off at home, I went immediately back out to Whole Foods to pick up a few things for dinner.

We had our third pilates class of the week tonight. Judi had texted me to let me know that she was skipping class. (She had to take poor Crunch to the vet today and I think it was an exhausting time for both of them.) It was just me and Dave then, so our instructor had a grand old time chatting away.

I did some move in class that twinged my back, so now I'm laying here hoping it doesn't develop into something ugly. We'll see.

We had dinner on the patio when we came home. Tonight, I made salsa fresca (onions, garlic, tomato, jalapeno, and lime juice) and refried the leftover bolita beans to put in a bean, avocado, and cheese burrito for Dave. I had a bowl of beans topped with salsa, plain yogurt (in place of sour cream, which I forgot to buy) and a bit of avocado.

After dinner, we sorted through two big bins of pottery that I packed up after our last sale at the old studio, over a year ago. We brought home eight big bins total and we've sorted through, I think, four of them. We have a toss pile, a sale pile, and a keep/gift pile. Out of four bins, we've kept nine things (four of them gifts), tossed a whole bunch of stuff, and repacked one-and-a-half bins to go into a yard sale my aunt is having in June.

It was a beautiful evening to sit out, but it started to get a little chilly when the sun went down so I came inside. Dave stayed out awhile longer, though.

After we were both in, the rain came again, complete with thunder and lightning.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Your food always sounds so cool. I would even like to try some of the vegetarian stuff you have for Dave, and I'm quite far away from being a vegetarian!

I wish I wasn't allergic to tomatoes or I'd be trying out a lot of the stuff you make!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen. Thanks! As a confirmed meat eater cooking for a vegetarian, I've had to get used to a lot of things I wouldn't otherwise ever cook.

But I don't know what I'd do if I were allergic or couldn't use tomatoes! I can take them or leave them, but Dave lives on them. He eats them almost everyday.

I have to deal with food and drug allergies when I travel and when I was living in JP. It can be pretty worrisome because you know if you have a bad reaction, you might not be able to explain it to a non-English speaking doctor.