Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Day of School!

I got home about an hour ago from my first class, an A&P lab that meets Wednesdays from 6:00-8:45.  I ended up in a group with two other women, Jessica and Lyndsey, both of whom seem relatively intelligent. (You never know with lab partners. It's always the luck of the draw.)

Anyway, it was a long lab because the instructor felt the need to go through the lectures that she had already assigned everyone to watch before the class meeting. And apparently I was the only one who watched them or something. But whatever. I have to remind myself to be patient and just go along for the moment.

Anyway, that was my evening.

The earlier part the day was spent in some pain--not pain really, but being really, really sore from last night's workout. (I'm still very, very sore actually. Almost everything hurts, my arms, my quads, my butt, my shoulders. I guess my hair doesn't hurt. But maybe that's the next workout.) I studied a bit, watched the end of one movie (Into the White) and started watching another (Cherrybomb).

In the afternoon, I took a shower, got dressed, did a few chores, then headed out to a nearby grocery store to buy dinner fixings. I made vegetarian red chile enchiladas with lots and lots of cheese. Then I had to run out to Walgreens to pick up some last minute things, including a small pack of m&m's for the sugar. I've been craving but madly craving sugar all day.

Dave came home around 5:00 p.m. I had asked him to drive me to class this first week, just so I could check out the parking situation on campus before I was faced with having to navigate it. (There was plenty of parking, so yay for that.)

Tomorrow we've got the next workout and then dinner with my mother and aunt. I'm not sticking so closely to my tons of protein diet, as you can see, although we are going for Greek food, so maybe I'll just have them fill up a plate with gyros meat and eat that.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Back in University! Cool. I hope it goes well for you.

I'm sorry about the aches and pains. I hope they go away soon. Good luck with your next workout. I do mean that sincerely, I'm not being flippant.

The diet sounded a bit difficult to follow. So much meat! I like meat but I need veggies too.

Rosa said...

Hi Helen-- Thanks! It's fun going back as a "non-traditional" (read: OLD!) student. But I'm not even the oldest in my class, believe it or not!

I'll need all the luck I can get with my next workout, actually. I'm still sore and we're supposed to go back tonight. Feels good though, to work with a trainer. (I get real lazy, real fast when it's just me, myself and I!) All that meat--ugh--I don't know how long that will last. I'm with you: I need veggies!!