Sunday, February 14, 2016

Salty Dogs

Friday I had an early-ish lunch with my mother and aunt, we shared a big taco platter at a place called El Taco Tote. I had been up late the night before, so I ended up cutting lunch a bit short so that I could come home and sleep. My mom and aunt were heading off to do some shopping, but I wanted a nap before I had to get to studying for my anatomy exam.

Saturday, I spent most of my time studying and sleeping. I think I was sleeping off whatever is going around campus right now. The exam on Thursday evening was kind of noisy, as three students behind me coughed and sneezed and snorted their way through it. It was disgusting and, I'm sure, completely contagious. Hopefully I got enough rest that my body can fight off whatever garbage virus I picked up.

Anyway, I studied all morning and early afternoon then Dave and I went out to lunch, to the Japanese restaurant that we like. We shared vegetable tempura and then I had gyudon and Dave had curry rice. Then we came home and after a bit more study, I lay down for a break and woke up about seven hours later with a sore throat. I had a bit of dinner (leftover Chinese food from the day before) and studied a bit more, then went back to bed for another five hours.

I got up around 2:00 a.m., feeling a bit out of it, but without the sore throat. I took a shower and sat down to do more studying.  (There's a theme here, yes.) I'm doing this new thing when I study, I'm setting the timer on my phone for 30 minutes. When the timer goes off, I get up and do some small bit of exercise or stretching just to get the blood flowing.

Around 9:30, I woke Dave up. We had planned to go to Costco and I wanted to get there ahead of the noon-ish church crowd. We stopped at Starbucks for a latte (me) and tea (Dave) on the way there and were in and out with a load of stuff in about half an hour.

We picked up a few things for my brother and filled our cart with fruits and vegetables. I've been trying to get more fiber in my diet recently. Not for any particular reason, just because I really have not been eating enough vegetables now that we're practically living on restaurant. I need to figure out this evening class/dinner balance, since my blood pressure is not doing great with all the salty stuff we get when we eat out.

That said, of course after loading all the vegetables into the car, we went out for lunch. We had bahn mi with tofu and spring rolls. We also brought home some sesame balls for later.

After we got home, we did a bit of yardwork. I raked up some leaves that have been hanging around since fall while Dave watered. I really want to start getting ready to do some planting--the weather has been gorgeous and warm (we have the front door open right now to get some fresh air) but I need to get through the semester first, I think.

2 comments:

Carol said...

It's hard to eat enough vegetables in the winter (or that is my excuse!)
Howdie Rosa!

Rosa said...

Hi Carol! It *is* hard to eat enough veggies in the winter. I mean, I put lettuce and tomato on my cheeseburgers. That should be enough, right?! Lol!