Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day

Ah, Sunday.

It was kind of a lazy Sunday. I slept in while Dave went and had breakfast/brunch with his mother. We took my mother and aunt out yesterday for a Mother's Day lunch, so I just texted both of them today and that was the extent of my Mother's Day stuff.

When he got home, we went out for a late lunch. We shared a plate of green chile cheese fries, then he had a green chile cheese veggie burger and I had a chicken salad sandwich. For dessert (which neither of us needed), we shared a slice of buttermilk pie. Neither of us had ever tried it before and it thrilled Dave. (It was very, very sweet and kind of mushy, so I can take it or leave it.)

Then we had to take a post-lunch trip to Target to pick up a few things. It wasn't even that crowded, considering that it was mother's day and you'd expect it to be filled with all the basic moms spending their holidays stocking up on whatever it is that basic moms need.

After Target, we went up to the studio. Judi and Paul are back, so they came out and chatted for a bit. They brought Crunch out, too, and Dave and I took him for a walk in the park.

So she's got eyes and teeth now, but still no arms and hands. The Brain does not want to make those for some reason.
20160508_160918.jpg
My head is waaaay too big, but it's the only one I've got.**

After we left the studio, we came home, had a snack, and I lay down for a nice little three hour nap.

I'm up now, at 11:30, wondering if I'll get back to sleep before too long.

**I did think about making a few heads, since they're not attached. She could have a head wardrobe of different heads to change out according to her mood...

No comments: