Sunday, October 9, 2016

Quick Update

Wow. It's been awhile since I updated!


Nothing much has been going on, really. I've spent a lot of time online, have done a lot of homework, have done a lot of sleeping...

My sleep schedule is still really screwed up and for a while there it worried me so much that I started using melatonin. (I don't really like to take anything at all, much less anything to sleep.) The cats kept me up last night, begging to go in and out, fighting with a stray who was out on the patio, wanting snacks and treats at 3:30 a.m....sigh!

I'm happy to do it because it means that Saba is feeling better. That means that she's getting spoiled like crazy. She is still on steroids though, and a drug that improves her appetite, but she isn't listless and isolating herself, which is a huge improvement. We are waiting on the results from a blood test that may help to determine whether she has a type of cancer or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), both of which have very similar physical symptoms. Both are treatable, but I'm guessing she has IBS. We should find out more this week.

What else?

I've been exercising fairly consistently. Dave and I have a scheme going where we have a couple of goals--one of them exercise--that we have to meet weekly. If I meet my goals, Dave gets a reward that he picked out at the beginning of the week. If Dave meets his goals, I get my reward. It's just a way of having a second level of accountability. The first week, I earned a small keyboard as a reward for Dave and he earned a donation to the Clinton campaign as a reward for me. This week, Dave has earned an Urban Decay lipstick for me and I, after I finish my workout this evening, will earn 3 CDs for Dave.

I'm putting off my exercise--stationary bike time--until the second presidential debate is on tonight. Of course, Hillary Clinton is going to win and she's going to be president, but I want to see Donald Trump get humiliated, creamed, and sent packing. I want him to suffer a complete and utter defeat that tears a huge hole in his ego. That's all I want. And if I get that, I won't even ask for anything for Christmas this year.

This morning, I spent a few hours getting the homework and quiz for my nutrition class done. It's not a lot of stuff--two homework assignments, two worksheets to complete, a quiz--but it does take time to get done. After that, Dave and I spent some time tidying up over at Kelly and Kevin's. They've been gone for the last five weeks and we've been staying over there, taking care of the dogs, using the pool, and whatnot. They're coming home tonight though, so we had to make sure everything was presentable.

Now we're off to meet my brother and mother and possibly aunt for dinner--Chinese food, yum!

Then the bike and the debates. And then BED!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, what a fabulous idea re: your exercise goal partnership!
I should try that with R.

I want to see him spontaneously combust. Seriously. I am so disgusted by him that I couldn't sleep (well after those many cigs, that didn't help) until nearly 4:00 a.m.

Rosa said...

Hola, Carolita!

Ugh--The election on top of everything else--no bueno! I'm so glad to see Hillary in the double digits though. I feel like I can breathe a bit again. Speaking of which, I didn't know you were a smoker. I quit a few years ago, but I would go back to it in a heartbeat (I loved it!) if it weren't for the effect it has on my blood pressure. (SIGH!)

So far the exercise scheme is working. I feel like the extra accountability keeps me on track. :D

Carol said...

I started smoking when I was forty. Yeah, FORTY!
Quitting again today - hopefully it will stick. You'll be my inspiration with the quitting smoking, too! x

Helen said...

I don't think I could do the double accountability thing...F would take it much too seriously. But, good for you with the exercising!! Excellent.

I haven't seen any of the debates, I've been travelling a lot recently. I read a lot about them on Facebook though. I'm not an American, so don't feel too guilty about it!

Have a good week...

Rosa said...

Carol! You went all those years without smoking and started at 40?! I admit, it's a good pacifier. Sometimes I smoked to keep from murdering people...so make sure you have bail money for when you quit, is my advice. LOL!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

I do envy you all the traveling you're doing now. I hope you're having a great time!

I kind of worried about the exercise scheme, too, getting too serious. But I think it's like when you play Scrabble or Monopoly and you can just make up your own rules as you go along. In violation of our own rules, we decided to do double rewards this week, including a midweek reward and an end of week reward.
:D

I wouldn't watch either debate if I were you. They'll just make you crazy--or worried that the US is about to elect a madman (never going to happen). Japan was mentioned in one though. Trump thinks we should withdraw all support of Japan and that they should have their own nuclear weapons if they want them. So I guess if he's elected, start learning Russian? (Anyway, don't worry. Never gonna happen!)

Have a great week!