Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Updatey Stuff

We're back at the vet with Saba today. I'm in one of the exam rooms with Dave. We've been sitting here for almost two hours waiting for various things.

I'm over this day.

The idiot Trump was voted into office by cowards in the electoral college today. I hope karma shits on them and on every ignorant, racist, misogynistic Trump voter.

Dave and I are talking about moving out of the country as soon as I finish school. Five semesters, so just over a year and a half. I'm applying for my passport now.

Later
We're home now. It's late. Saba is resting comfortably. She has an infection in her eye that must be painful and Dave is giving her hourly doses of antibiotics and a slight painkiller. With any luck, her eye will recover.

As I was saying, we are starting to talk about leaving the country as soon as I am finished with school and have my license. Where we go will depend on where the jobs are. We may be as close as Canada or as far as Australia or New Zealand. The only person I know in New Zealand is a minor celebrity who I interact with on Twitter from time to time. Hmmm. I wonder if he'll sponsor a visa...

Aside from that, we've been getting on around here. Dave is on vacation, so we're spending it at home. We've had a run of lazy days, sleeping in and so on. That's good.

A week ago, I had a bunch of vaccines shot into my arms and I'm just starting to get over that. It was a miserable week, with fevers and sore arms. But it will all be worth it in the end, right?

I can't believe Christmas and New Years are so close.

No comments: