Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Fine

I started school last week. I registered late, so I have to drive about 40 minutes or so to the furthest away from me campus--a fact that more than a little bit pisses me off, so I don't want to talk too much about it, except to say that on Monday, I drive around 80 minutes round-trip for a 105 minute class. Not a very efficient use of my time.

The campus is so remote that this is the view when I turn onto the final mile or two of the drive:
20170125_073324.jpg
I took this closer view of the mountain snow storm after I had parked:
20170125_073850.jpg
About the classes, I am enjoying them. I don't even know where to begin talking about them, or how, but I am tired when I come home and my brain is full. I'm in class four days a week, so that's about five and a half hours of driving a week. Fun.


About Saba: Things are not going so well with her eyes and tomorrow she is going to have one of them removed. I cried most of the day about this, wondering if it was something we (I) did or didn't do that has led to this moment. I am crying now again just writing about it. She was going to have surgery today but the surgeon had a family emergency, so we had to put it off and she's home now on some heavy duty pain killers. Dave will take her in in the morning and she'll have had the surgery by the time I get out of class tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well. She'll have to stay overnight at the hospital, but she'll come home on Thursday afternoon.


I have to take an exam--my first of the semester--tomorrow after lecture. So that should be fun. I'm not particularly prepared, but I don't care considering how this day has gone. I couldn't concentrate on study even if I had wanted to, I've been so worried about Saba. I'll just do my best and if it works, fine. If it doesn't work, fine.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful pictures...even though your drive takes a long time, it is nice scenery. It might give you a chance to unwind after class or mull over things on your way there.

I'm sorry about Saba, but she'll probably cope quite well afterwards. If it means she won't be in pain anymore it is a good thing. I hope that her operation goes well.

Good luck on your exam too.



Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

Thank you for all your kind words and good wishes! Everything is turning out fairly well, despite my worrying so much. I did fine on my exam and, more importantly, the surgeon reports Saba's surgery went well. We get to bring her home tomorrow.

The drive...guh!! I listen to and sing along very loudly to a lot of bad 80s music, which helps get my energy up for class in the morning. Luckily, it's still dark that early, so I don't get too many strange looks from other drivers. :D

Hope you're having a terrific week!

Carol said...

Hey you
(hugs) for you and Saba.
And yes, those photos are gorgeous.

I am so glad you're in the world and I know you.
xox

Rosa said...

Hi, Carol!

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes!

Same here--it's nice to know smart, like-minded women, even if online!:D