Thursday, February 2, 2017

An Eye Out

Saba is home from the hospital, short one eye. She is actually in good shape otherwise. We were all worried that the anesthesia was going to do her harm, but she is much stronger than she was a couple of months ago. The fight against the fungal infection goes on--as well as the battle of getting her to gain some weight--but I think she will win those fights ultimately.

Right now she is napping on the end of the bed. She is, of course, on some heavy-duty pain killers as well as her anti-fungal medication and a whole host of eye drops intended to keep her remaining eye from succumbing to the same fate. It's improving, however, says the ophthalmologist who did her surgery. I hope so.

On the school front, exams have begun. I had two very small ones this week--I did well on both, I think--another, larger one, coming on Monday. The nice thing about Monday exams is that there is no lecture after, so once I finish the exam, I'm free until Wednesday morning lecture.

On Thursdays and Fridays I leave the house long before the sun comes up. By the time I get home in the afternoon, I'm exhausted. Today, after the stress of exams and a morning filled with lecture and clinicals all on top of PMS, I came home and ate sugary junk foods. I need a square meal to round out the day. Maybe even a vegetable.

We'll see.



No comments: