Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Pics Or It Didn't Happen

Some pictures from the past month or so.

This was our little Christmas "tree" (a rosemary plant carved into a cone shape) on the corner of our cluttered little kitchen table. We made the little ojos de dios out of toothpicks and embroidery floss. The other ornaments are clay and shrinky dinks. The garland are strings of shells I bought in a bead store.
20161215_185103.jpg

This is view from the counter at our favorite little Japanese restaurant. That's the pass window into the kitchen, where you can see the woman who owns the place madly cooking away with her assistant behind her. Her son waits tables.
20161201_185025.jpg

This is peek into my co-op shopping cart sometime before Christmas. I bought a small get-well bouquet for Saba.
20161205_163036.jpg

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had taken a CPR class in December. This was my practice subject.
20161202_123727.jpg

The small zipper pouch I sewed with my new sewing machine and some fat quarters and a zipper I got at Walmart.  (The inside is lined with red with white polka-dots)This is first zipper I ever sewed, so it's a little wonky. But I like the bag.
20170105_211352.jpg


4 comments:

Helen said...

Ooh, Stash Earl Grey tea! I love Stash teas...Can't get them here.

That pouch is really cute....and you made it yourself, so it'll always be special, wonky zipper and all!

I love your little Christmas tree too. Very clever. I didn't bother with mine this year. No place to put it up.

Great idea to do a picture post. I really should try one sometime!

Rosa said...

Hi Helen!

I'm not a tea drinker, but Dave loves the stuff and Stash is his favorite brand of Earl Gray. And so of course it's not to be found at any of the nearby grocery stores!

Yes! Do post more pictures. I really enjoy when you have pics on your blog, especially of the things you make and the lovely places you visit!

Yes, my wonky zipper makes me laugh whenever I see it. How come zippers look so easy to put in on all the youtube videos?!

Hope you're having a great week! :D

Carol said...

You know what the problem is? For some reason, your blog is "hidden" and I have to scroll down a list to the "hidden" one and then click on it. That's why I haven't seen this!
Hello dear Rosa! This post made me smile! Thank you!
xoxoxoxox

Rosa said...

Hi Carol! I'll have to check my settings. I know blogger did that thing where they went to https url's, so maybe my blog got hidden that way?

Anyway! Can you believe orange Hitler is going to stick with it until impeachment? We will hold a party on the day he leaves office in handcuffs!