Saturday, February 11, 2017

Fridayed

Where does the time go?

Today marks the end of week three of my program. I came home after a long day of clinicals, sat outside in the sun with Saba for awhile, then came in and sat down to my online homework. This weekend, I have a paper to write. Monday, more online work--and I can register for next semester's classes on Monday morning at 6 a.m. Tuesday I have to catch up on reading and start another paper. Examinations on Wednesday and Thursday. Another paper due Sunday. I haven't looked beyond Sunday...

I've been working in a clinical group made up of a couple of people I like and one who I don't really like but who likes me a whole lot. Mostly I like the people in my class--not that it matters--but there are a couple that really irk me. I have to focus on sloughing that stuff off. That is the real practice.

This morning on my drive to school, I caught the full moon setting and the sun rising, both.

Saba

Saba is still doing well, getting better, showing interest in food (though still not eating) and sitting outside in the sun for awhile each day. I can't imagine what it's like to lose an eye and to have no possible explanation for it, but she is holding in there. I wonder sometimes what she thinks, but mostly I just hope that some of the pain of her infected eye is gone because the eye is gone.

No comments: