Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesdaily (Days of Wine and Crippling Existential Crises)

It's rain rain raining today. Has been on and off all day. It's amazing, but it makes me want to do nothing but stay home and watch Netflix.

There is no rest for the weary though. I had to go to class today from 11:30 until 3:15. It was the "leadership and management" class, which is insanely boring. One of the things we do is use some website to take quizzes. (They're more like surveys than quizzes. The instructor posts a question and we each answer it and the answers are tabulated on the big screen. As long as we participate, we get full points.) The instructor posted a question about which generation (boomer through y) had trouble with leadership from other generations (the answer is, of course, boomers), but I said something like, "That question is so arbitrary," and the woman who sits across from me chided me for using such big words. Another woman at the same table googled the definition of "arbitrary" and read it aloud to the table.

I mused aloud at how they had done on their SATs with such limited vocabularies.

The rain is coming down cats and dogs outside so we ordered a pizza delivery for dinner. We'll tip big for the poor sucker who has to bring us our pizza in the rain.

I have to type up two case studies for tomorrow. It's a sims--simulation--day, which means mannequins mannequins mannequins tomorrow. They're easy days, and I always do fine on them, but I still don't like them. And I have to drive to the campus where I started, the one that's forty-five minutes away.

Not fun.

No comments: