Friday, September 1, 2017

Where Does Time Go?

I finished up my little house- and pup-sitting job with Crunch last Monday. Aside from watching an obscene amount of cable television, I got to spend some time in the studio and we fired a cone 6 kiln and I made a maquette for my next large sculpture.
20170827_083400.jpg
The maquette is maybe 6 inches tall, whereas I imagine the final piece will be closer to 20 inches tall.

On Tuesday we had our usual singing lesson. We worked on another Beatles tune "Two of Us." After our lesson, we had a quick takeaway dinner from a Mexican restaurant that I haven't been to in 20 years, then we went to a concert of modern and experimental music. Dave's clarinet teacher was one of the musicians participating. There were a couple of pieces that I liked, but mostly I find such things to be more fun for the musicians than for the audience. Luckily it only lasted a little more than an hour.

Dave also took Thursday and Friday off work and we used that time for an overnight jaunt to Durango, Colorado, just for a quick getaway for a change of scenery. We got a hotel room and watched an obscene amount of cable TV and ate junk food and slept late. Just us being delinquents.

I only have a few more days before school starts again. I have a ton of stuff to do in that time to prepare.

No comments: