Saturday, December 9, 2017

Saturday Vacation Day #3

Another night with minimal sleep. Waking up at 2 a.m. is not working for me, and yet The Brain persists.

I got up, had a snack, watched some Netflix, spent hours trying and failing to sleep. At 9 a.m., David texted. We had promised to help Judi bathe Crunch at 11:00 and had to shower and get dressed before.

I had an egg and cheese sandwich and coffee for breakfast, then we went off to help Judi. Crunch's bath takes three hours from start to finish and we helped (mostly Dave) for about 30 minutes of that.

While Judi groomed Crunch (a two-hour ordeal for them both), Dave and I ran errands. We grabbed some coffees and did some toy shopping. Dave bought his gift tree giftee a box of musical instruments and a drum, both aimed at toddlers (which she is).

We still had time to kill after that, so we came home and I got out my sewing machine and worked on a padded computer case that I've been meaning to make for six months. (I don't have a pattern or anything, I'm just making it up as I go along, which pleases The Brain.) When Judi called, we went down and gave her a hand with Crunch again. After loading him and his bath accessories into the car, we made a plan to meet for dinner.

After, we came home via Sonic for giant fizzy drinks. I worked on my padded computer case awhile (until I screwed up putting in a zippered pocket) then I decided that I would probably be better served by a nap rather than continuing to wrestle with a sewing project.

We met Judi and Paul for an early dinner--Chinese--and ordered way too much food. We had soup and egg rolls to start, then ordered orange beef, a tofu dish, green beans with black bean sauce, sauteed baby bok choi, sugar-and-vinegar ribs, fried rice and regular white rice. Judi and Paul never take home leftovers, but they insist that we do, so we brought home three huge to-go boxes of leftovers.

By the time we got home, I was beyond exhausted, so I took a benadryl and put on the latest show I'm watching on Netflix (Man Down with Greg Davies, which I'm not sure about) and went to bed.

No comments: