Monday, April 16, 2018

Sun- and Monday

Sunday:

Dave and I went to the studio. I'm working small since nothing big has come to mind and I'd like to fire a kiln during the break. Dave threw mugs--the first time he's thrown since...I don't know when. We'll have to go back this weekend and put handles on them.

We also played a bunch with Buzz, who is growing by leaps and bounds. This week, his legs got longer and his paws got bigger. He was unsure about the wheel (it makes loud, funny noises and he has never heard or seen it in motion before), but after awhile he settled down and got used to it.

When we were done, Dave, Judi, Paul and I went out for dinner. We had a Chinese food feast, eggrolls followed by six dishes for the four of us. We brought home leftovers, but not nearly as many leftovers as you might think.

Monday:

That was today, I guess. I slept in. I slept way in. Then I got up and started making some phone calls. I scheduled a dentist visit for tomorrow. I got in touch with the IT department at the university and had them reinstate my old email account. And yadda yadda.

I did some sewing, too, working on the Miami Vice quilt top. I think it's going to be nearly finished in a day or two and then it will be ready to quilt, which of course I'm doing by machine. I need to get some batting, though, if I'm going to do that.

Dave came home after work but then went out again for an acupuncture treatment. When he got home, we had dinner (chickpea pasta with marinara sauce, steamed broccoli) and watched an episode of Travel Man. We did the dishes, then I came home and sewed some more.

I made the mistake of having coffee too late in the day, so I hope I can get some sleep tonight since I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow.

No comments: