Thursday, April 19, 2018

Tues- and Wednesday

Tuesday:

I had a dental cleaning this morning and it went fine. My gums are actually looking better. The only bad thing was that they took my blood pressure before the cleaning and despite the antihypertensive medication I've been taking for a couple of months now, my blood pressure is still high. Sigh. It's high enough to be worrisome, so I'm supposed to go back and talk to my doctor this coming Monday.

After my cleaning, I came home and had a quick lunch then I went with my brother to run a few errands.

When I came home from that, it was time to tackle the grubby job of getting registered for classes next term. That only took an hour or so. The stupid thing is that full time is 12 credit hours per term and I have to take 14 credit hours--but because of some stupid rule, if I were to take 15 credit hours, my tuition would drop over $2,000. How stupid is this? 15 credit hours costs two grand LESS than 14 credit hours. The only one credit hour classes are phys. ed. classes like weight lifting and the like, and I'm not above taking them, except that they conflict with the classes that I have to take. I may end up enrolling for an online class for 3 credit hours (still cheaper to take 17 credit hours than 14 credit hours), some b.s. time waster, just to save $2K.

Ugh. The idiocy.

Anyway, I got registered for the basic classes then I searched around a bit and found not much that I want to take. I'll have to keep looking.

Dave came home then to pick up his things for his guitar lesson and then was out the door again to go to said lesson. While he was gone, I chatted with Kelly--she and Kevin will be home on Saturday!--and then I went over and fed the pups. I was expecting Dave home sooner rather than later, so I started on dinner (five-cheese pizza, braised purple cauliflower with a pepper vinaigrette dressing, and a quick cucumber and tomato salad). When he got home, we ate while watching some cooking videos on youtube.

I hadn't had a chance to do much stay-cation-y stuff today, but I did get most of my Miami Vice quilt top pieced. I have to trim it up (it's wonky as hell), add borders (I'm thinking gray, a neutral against all those shades of pink and blue), and then it will be time to put the backing on and quilt it. I'm going to machine quilt it, something I've never done before. Should be interesting.

Wednesday:

I had brunch this morning with my mother and aunt, which was fun.

After, I came home and changed back into my pajamas and went right back to bed. I slept most of the day.

When Dave came home, we made dinner (vegan crab cakes turned into soft tacos with cheese, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes, and shredded red cabbage) and then went out for a sweetie (a vanilla soft serve cone for me and an oreo cheesecake shake for Dave). Then we came home and, since I had gone out in my pajamas, got right back into bed.

I started watching The Shape of Water, which I like very much, but I keep having to stop and start it so I'm not quite halfway done. I find that I don't have the attention span anymore to watch a movie from start to finish.

No comments: