Friday, June 15, 2018

Happy Friday

I'm fucking exhausted.

It was a short day at the clinical site but I still helped to take care of two patients, one had C. diff-associated diarrhea and the other came in with bedbugs. Those were the least of their worries. I haven't stopped itching since though.

I've got a shitty week ahead of me. I don't even want to talk about it, I just want to get through it.

It's been hot and humid and we're actually expecting some rain tonight. I am praying for it, since I only today remembered to water the plants on the patio. (Dave watered them last Saturday and I was supposed to do it midweek, but...)

I've been craving a burger all week and almost stopped for one for lunch, but I was in my C. diff and bedbug infested scrubs and wanted to come home and strip down.

So instead of getting a burger, I downed half a sunflower seed butter and blueberry jelly sandwich on the way home, had a yogurt when I got home, and then went out to the co-op for groceries. I had a four item list (bread, milk, yogurt, bananas) and I came home with a huge bag of stuff, boxes of cereal, frozen french fries, frozen vegan crab cakes, chicken breasts, cans of tuna, avocados, chickpea pasta, a bar of milk chocolate embedded with pretzel bits...I resisted the potato chips, though, and the giant pan of cheesy green chile chicken enchiladas at the hot bar in the deli.

At home, I ate the entire chocolate bar while I worked on a god-awful paper on healthcare policy that's due on Sunday at 4:00 a.m. I worked for about five hours then took a nap (I'd been up since 3:30 a.m.) and woke up to one of my fellow writers asking me if there was anything she could do. (Uh, you can take a look at the shared doc and decide that for yourself maybe?)

After my nap, I got up and ate a bowl of cereal and worked on the paper some more. Tonight I have to finish a self-evaluation for this clinical rotation.

And I still didn't get my fucking hamburger.

No comments: