Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday. Ugh.

Wednesday is my traditional two exam day. One class has a weekly exam on Wednesday, the two other classes alternate, so that I have one exam in one class one week and one exam in the other class the next week. Anyway, all that it means is that there are two exams a week and they both fall on Wednesday. That's a bunch of stress every week. But oh well. I've only got to make it until August 3. I'll be done (except for the licensing exam).

One of my study buddies got pissed off at me today for some stupid reason: The instructor in one of our classes gives 10 participation points a week and he recently posted those. The points are for participation, but they're not really. I told my study buddy weeks ago that the instructor is the type who will use those points to elevate people he likes and sink people he doesn't like. He and I get along: I got 10 points. But she only got 8.5 and she was angry both at him and at me.  I'm, like, just go and talk to him and ask him how you can do better, but she refused and then said that she was never going to say anything in class ever again. Which. I've been that person, so I can't argue with her. Still.

I think we're all over tired and I know I'm sick of most of my fellow loud-mouthed overachievers. I can't wait to be done with them and this program and have a break.

After the exam, I came home early and watched some Netflix and took a nap. In the afternoon, Kelly sent us some flowers--sunflowers, my favorite--and we thanked her with some Humboldt Fog cheese and fruit. (I love Humboldt Fog and we had crazily bought an entire wheel of it.)

When Dave finished up his day, we went out for noodles at our noodle place. Dave had hiyashi chuka, a cold noodle dish popular in summer. I didn't end up having noodles; I had some crazy beef short rib special. It was good, but not enough food.

A quick trip to Target for random things and now we're back home.

It's 7:50 now--ten minutes until my bedtime--and I'm thinking about the KitKat I bought at Target...

No comments: