Monday, July 9, 2018

Sunday

I'm up way too early on this Monday morning because I mistakenly thought I had an exam this morning, but I just found out that it's not actually until 11:30. But I'm up.

I'm drinking a liter of water right now because I had a weekend of salty foods. Friday BBQ with Grace and Chris. Saturday Dave and I ordered a pizza. And yesterday we went for Chinese food with Judi and Paul. So, yeah. Despite drinking a couple of liters of water yesterday, I'm dehydrated and my blood pressure is paying the price of all the extra sodium. So that's fun.

Before lunch yesterday, we went with Judi and Paul to see Solo: A Star Wars Story. It was...okay. I didn't think the lead actor was remotely Han Solo-like (he was way too bland and inoffensive) and I didn't think the lead actress was versatile enough to pull off the switch from wide-eyed hopeful orphaned hooligan to evil villainess, and please don't get me started on the hip-swiveling robot with the sassy black woman persona. But otherwise it was fine. There were a couple of moments I really liked. The reveal of the leader of the band marauders was my favorite, but I also liked a lot of the Chewbacca story (though every time they mentioned the enslavement of the wookies, I kept thinking of the horrible 1970s Star Wars Christmas special where we were introduced to Chewbacca's happy little family). Anyway, I'm glad we saw it and I don't need to see it again.

After the movie we went to a late lunch and then went by Judi and Paul's to visit with Buzz. He was so happy to see us, especially since we had brought him two new toys, one a hedgehog that makes a grunting noise when you squeeze it, one a crinkly little pig with a squeaky head. He very obligingly played with both and then got some pets and belly rubs from us. So that was fun.

After, we came home and continued with some laundry. I needed to wash my scrubs mostly, since that's all I wear these days aside from my pajamas and a handful of street clothes (that barely fit me anymore since stress eating has led me to gain about thirty-five pounds in the year and a half since I started school).

Dave handled the laundry, really, and I ended up getting to sleep early, thankfully.

So my day: I've got this exam today at 11:30. I've got some homework due tonight that I haven't even started yet. And I have to study for a simulation that I have tomorrow. I'll be glad to be finished with these ridiculous things.

No comments: