Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Week So Far

Tuesday:

I have to leave in a few minutes--this ridiculous Kaplan course that I have no choice about taking, so you already know that my attitude about it is going to be great--but I do have a few minutes to update. And it probably won't even take a few minutes because my life has been very boring recently.

Like I said, I did go to graduation, which was a first for me. After, I had to sleep non-stop for about two days to recover from it. (Introversion and the force of change knocked me out, I think. Well, that and the start of something, some virus or something, that I picked up and was trying to "rest and fluids" my way out of. My reprieve lasted all of two days and then I had to get my sorry carcass out of bed and drag myself back to campus to take this ridiculous Kaplan course that I resent having to take.

The woman teaching the course is very nice, very friendly, eminently likeable--and she teaches wrong information alongside correct information with earnest enthusiasm. I sit in the very back row with my friends and curse under my breath like a rebellious high schooler. It makes me feel a little better. And it makes them laugh.

It's 7:20 in the morning and I already have a headache thinking about the day ahead--six more hours of this class. And tomorrow, six more hours of the same thing.

Everyone in class, all 85 or so of us, graduated on Friday, which meant that finals were the week before and no one has had nearly enough post-graduation, post-finals R&R to make this a pleasant experience.

Okay, I have to get going. I'll write more later.

Thursday:

I made it through that damn course. No surprise. It was a brain-deadening slog, but I did pick up a scant handful of strategies that I can incorporate into my established test-taking scheme. That's worth the $500 I had to pay, right? (Doing the math on the second day made me realize that Kaplan made at least $40,000 on the three day seminar. They didn't have to pay for the room and all the materials are online so they don't have to pay to provide materials. They only had to pay the instructor for three days of work and travel (I'm assuming). That's a pretty hefty profit for them.)

Anyway, it's done.

We had pizza for dinner.

This morning (it's still Thursday in my world), I'm off to meet my new doctor, who is also Dave's doctor. My old doctor sucked and I used Dave's switching jobs and our switching insurance plans to finagle my way to a new doctor. I don't like going to the doctor. I like it even less than going to the dentist. So that's my morning woe.

No comments: