Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Rain

How did it get to be Wednesday?!

This past Sunday, Dave and I went with Paul to see the strange and unusual The Sisters Brothers. It was my pick; I like John C. Reilly. But it was strange. The cast was brilliant and the acting was impeccable, but it was a strange film. I don't think the French (the director was French) really know how to make a good Western. They can make a good film, yes, but they don't really know from Westerns and so The Sisters Brothers wasn't really a Western, it was a French film that just happened to be a Western.

Anyway, we had burgers for lunch, after.

And that was Sunday.

Monday I finished a quilt top--my quilt-as-you-go string pieced quilt--and perhaps the backing. All that's left is to combine the two and tie the quilt. I would have continued on and finished it, but Gray Kitty decided he needed a nap on the quilt top after I laid it out on the bed, and I was tired after three-plus hours at the sewing machine, so I let it go.

Tuesday--yesterday--it rained all day (it's raining now, at 1:40 in the morning, Wednesday morning). It was perfect weather for sleeping away the afternoon, so I did that. I got up in time to get showered and dressed and to make it to therapy. Dave has a music lesson at the same time, so he went off and did that. We met up after at the casita and turned around and walked right back out into the rain to have ramen. I mixed it up and had green chile ramen (green chile pork broth topped with chicken, cheese, chopped green chile, and onions) and seaweed salad. Dave had his usual karamiso with tofu and egg rolls. We shared some choco banana Pocky after, on our way to Target.

We headed to Target for a couple of things, a pair of reading glasses for me (to use when I wear my contact lenses) and some eye drops to use with contacts.

Speaking of contacts, today was my first day wearing them (aside from the day I picked them up). They're going to take some getting used to, but I like the feeling of being without glasses.

When we came home, I did some sticker chart stuff (journaling, studying) and then I changed into my pajamas. Dave was snoring before I started by second round of studying. I was in bed by 11:00--but now it's almost 2:00 a.m. and I'm still awake, listening to the rain.

No comments: