Friday, October 19, 2018

Friday Early and Friday Late

Dave and I had dinner last night with Chris and Grace. We went for barbeque and ate way, way too much. I ended up bringing half of my pulled pork sandwich home and Dave brought more than half of his green chile mac and cheese (what vegetarians eat at a barbeque place) home. We came home via Whole Foods (which has fallen in quality, I think, since Amazon took it over). We needed berries (and also frozen yogurt and a few other things).

I got in my reading (a sticker chart goal) last night by starting to re-read a book I love (Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson). Then I went back to the internet. Because I am addicted to the internet.

I slept in this morning (after being up for several hours in the night). When I got up I started in on my sticker chart goals. I did a bit of work on my quilt-as-you-go project (finished trimming a half dozen or so blocks and then sewed two more), then I studied for an hour. Another one of our sticker chart goals is to eat meals at home (unless we are out being social animals at the same time), so I made berry and yogurt bowls for our breakfast and I had leftover barbeque for my lunch (and was rewarded almost immediately with heartburn). In and amongst all that there was coffee.

It's almost 1:00 pm now and I am still in my pajamas and haven't had a shower yet today. I did brush my hair though, so that's something. And I even did it without the reward of a sticker on my sticker chart!

My next round of sewing will mean that I have to decide what color to incorporate next into my string blocks. So far I've focused on red and black. I was thinking about going with green/blue or green/yellow, but I'm not sure yet. I need to pull out my fabrics and see if I have enough to do either one. (I'm not particularly fond of yellow, so I don't have a lot of yellow fabric.)

In the afternoon, Grace and I went off to the studio and did a slight bit of work. After, I came home and was putzing around on the internet when Chris texted to see if we wanted to meet up and have a dim sum dinner. So we went off and did that. Between the dim sum and the sushi, I ate too much.

After dinner, we went by the pet food store and picked up a case of Gray Kitty's special food. When we came home, I cut up some green fabric into strips and sewed up four more blocks. Then I did some reading and got another sticker on my sticker chart.

No comments: